The main hardware for near-memory computing with CRNCH RG consists of the following devices:
- The Lucata Pathfinder (v2) and Emu Chick (v1) platforms
- Optane PMem devices for Big Data storage and near-memory compute on Intel CPU platforms
- Micron’s Hybrid Memory Cube platform (AC-510, AC-511)
As the newest part of our testbed, the Lucata Pathfinder focuses on moving computation to data rather than moving data through a cache hierarchy. This model of “migratory threads and memory side-processing architecture combined with a high-speed Rapid IO network provides an ideal platform for sparse workloads like those found with graph analytics.
Check out the Getting Started information for the Pathfinder on our ReadTheDocs documentation.
What’s available (Description/Specs)?:
Lucata tools accessible via VM and Jupyter notebook interfaces
- 2 chassis Lucata Pathfinder system (v2)
- 1 chassis Emu Chick system (v1)
2 Ice Lake nodes (to be deployed) with Optane PMEM
- Micron HMC testbed