The PIs of this testbed have been working hard to finalize purchases for the NSF-funded portion of the testbed as well as to support educational efforts related to the TechFee-funded portion of the testbed.
New Hardware Updates
- Our upgraded Pynq Z2 cluster is online as the culmination of an earlier FPGA techfee. This effort combines 40+ FPGAs with Slurm scheduling, Jupyter notebook support, and tools running on PACE’s CoC-ICE cluster to support large classes like CS 3220 and ECE 8893.
- CRNCH RG now hosts six Bluefield-2 DPUs, which each have eight A72 Arm cores on the NIC itself.
- Xilinx Vitis 2021.2 has been installed and is now available for all users.
- Xilinx RapidWright has been installed and is available on a “beta” basis.
New Publications from the RG
- Jezghani, A., Manalo, K., Powell, W., Valdez, J. and Young, J., 2022, January. Onboarding Users to A64FX via Open OnDemand. In International Conference on High Performance Computing in Asia-Pacific Region Workshops (pp. 78-83).